Wednesday, May 18, 2005

I shot Mr Joseph

*warning*
Rant post
*warning*

Somewhere along the line in 2002, when i joined the company where i am today, something happened. Ill call that phenomenon the Joseph Jobe Juxtapose (JJJ) where i had suddenly lost my surname and firstname because some schmuck keying in my name did not know how the format of a non-chink name works. I should slap your mother for bringing you up stupid.

After JJJ, i was "Mr Joseph" in all my emails. "Edgar" got digitally screwed.

At first i figured, well, ill try getting that fixed in the database, 3 years down and im still trying, so fuck that...red tapes too much of a bitch.

Then i thought, when u salutate using "Mr.", it usually follows with a Surname, so in the mixup, my first name was now my surname, so i thought maybe i could play on it to get people to know me as Mr. Edgar...technically not right, but more acceptable than Mr. Joseph... I then learn that asian culture has no respect for grammar. All i wanted was more ppl replying "Dear Edgar", or "Hi Edgar" or "Edgar" or even the incorrect "Dear Mr Edgar" would have bloody sufficed!!! but NooOOoooo..."Mr Joseph" kept coming back!

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE???!

Are you people so fucking disensitized these days? i mean, i even SIGN off my emails using my full name, or end with the standard "regards, Edgar" bullocks and still, 9 out of fucking 10 still come back as "Dear Mr Joseph"... Dont people look anywhere else except for the email address these days to see whos bloody talking?

You fucking robots.

11 comments:

Shimmers said...

i hear u i hear u... instead of ppl calling me Ms Fiona Reutens or Ms Reutens or Ms Fiona... i know they don't know how to pronounce Reutens properly (cause its obvious for ppl like that)

so they call me Ms Fiona Marie instead..like as if that's my full name which of course it isn't because Marie is my middle name and not my surname...

so ya... THERE ARE ppl who are like that out there...

got to bear with them.. there's nothing we can do

Anonymous said...

THEY'RE ALL BOTS I TELL YAR BOTS !!!

hi joseph, i just found your site

- fr0stie

keke

Gaylebait said...

*nods vigorously*

Gayle Mairi Barbosa

nuff said

Eaglet said...

Hey why don't I get any credit!
And you better stop ranting at the same time as me, its no fair!

Edgar "Jobe" Gasper said...

You shant get credit! no! becos u do it to honestly dis me, and being conciously bitchy is ok by comparison :P

Anonymous said...

Would you prefer me to call you Ee-ta-ger Cho-phei MAXIMUS!!!??

I am Mr. Aaron to all my Han-Chiang "collegues" but knighted by my students since they all call me "Sir".

Gaylebait said...

I think we ALLLL need to get together for a serious supersoaker session OR pillow fight OR golf game OR BOTH!

I heard that Aaron almost came to blows with a posterboy at Jen's drinking party... and that YOU Edgar... couldn't fuckin wake up for the fight. Just like you didn't wake up to save me from the toilet.

Wassup esse? I take my blue shotgun and shoot you.

Gaylebait said...

I just realised I wrote BOTH after delivering THREE options.

I can't even fucking rant right.

Edgar "Jobe" Gasper said...

nono, both is fine. Pillow and Soaker is both. Golf is NOT an option :P

-e-

Eaglet said...

hahahahahahahahahha
gayle
gayle
gayle
our friend getting a bit slow and blur lah nowadays
gotta get her up to speed.

must be all that taufoo.

Gaylebait said...

it's all the happy smoke